Monday 11 February 2013

Allotment Excitement

After years of waiting, we were finally given an allotment plot this October.  A lot of digging has already been done.  I'm now getting stuck into the planning, I can't wait!

Our cat has the serious hump as every window sill is covered in pots of seeds.  At first I bought a couple of propergators from Homebase at £3.99 a piece.  It quickly occurred to me that if I wanted to plant everything I had on my mind, that this was going to get VERY expensive.  So off I went to Tescos and sought consent to raid the plastics bin dumped in the middle of an aisle.  I came back with a couple of bags of shopping and around 15 odd assorted shaped plastic yoghurt trays.  Treasure at it's best.

I took to planting up the trays with my little Berries, they loved getting their hands dirty and planting the seeds.  Littlest Berry said 'night night' seeds when he covered them over.

Three days later we have a result in one of the propergators, unbelivably the Calliflower had germinated!  Older Berry noticed and bought the propergator to us to see with a massive grin on his face.  It's wonderful seeing them so happy that they'd made something grow.

We're waiting on germination of leeks, giant leeks, sweetcorn, parsnip and courgette.  I have some hanging Petunia seeds on their way too - I better go raid Tesco's plastic tubs again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment