Tuesday 7 May 2013

War with stinging nettles and signs of new veggie life in the garden

The watering rounds tonight with my littlest Berry bought much excitement.  The radish and second lot of spinach seeds had germinated and popped up in nice little rows.  My littlest Berry had planted these with me, so he was thrilled.  He stood happily for ages watering the rows with his mini watering can.

Much as I love this beautiful weather, we could do with a bit of rain overnight, my garden and allotment water butts are nearly empty!

Busy prepping allotment beds for courgettes, pumpkins and marrows - nearly there now.  The plants are currently growing on my windowsills and haven't been hardened off yet, I'm not in a hurry.

I did 'war' with some rouge stinging nettles behind my allotment this morning, despite wearing rigor gloves I still bear the scars - parts of my fingers and arms are numb!  According to my Dad they are particularly nasty at this time of year - wish I'd known that before I started my battle!




No comments:

Post a Comment