Wednesday 17 April 2013

Home Pedicures - at anytime you like

The Wonderful people at Bzz Agent have supplied a Scholl Express Pedi to test. Their timing is excellent, as soon as the sun starts to appear in Spring is the time that I start to think about getting my feet summer ready - usually including lots of scrubbing time with my pumice stone in the bath, anything that sounded like it  might help with the task of de-wintering my feet sounded very good.

The Scholl Express Pedi comes well packed, it didn't occur to me that it was electric until I realised that the box was still heavy even though the device had been removed and I found the battery in the bottom.

Once the battery was in place the Express Pedi was easy to operate with a very obvious on-off switch and clear removable cap for the top.

The leaflet says to use the device on clean, dry feet.  I had to rummage a bit through it to find that in English.  Maybe a quick start guide on the side of the box would help some keener users.  It also states not to try and remove all the hard skin at once, to do it over a period of time - although I did find the idea of doing it all at once very tempting.

The noise from using it was very minimal, the roller rotates and you simply apply the device against the area of your foot that you want to treat.  For me it's usually the backs of my feet and heel area, then around the sides of my big toe - I get that hard skin that needs to be removed for my feet to look respectable in summer shoes.

The device removes the skin with ease, it doesn't hurt at all and is very quick and easy to use.  I can honestly say that the first couple of times I used it, the device removed the same amount of skin in around two minutes which would have taken 15 - 20 minutes of pumice scrubbing time in the bath.  I get a lot of stubborn skin on my feet.  When you're a busy Mummy that's valuable time.  I also felt I was getting a more 'even finish' from the Express Pedi than from the pumice stone.

It's worth doing it in an area that can be easily swept or perhaps over an old towel or newspaper as it does tend to generate a bit of dry skin (looks a bit like fine sawdust!).  The first time particularly that I did this there was quite a lot of skin, I couldn't believe how easily the Pedi tackled it on my feet, it felt like no effort at all.

After using the Express Pedi I've been using a foot moistursing cream to soften everything up.  I've got into a little habit now of just giving my feet a quick whizz with it before my shower/bath, then popping cream on afterwards.

For the future you can readily buy replacement heads on the high street and on-line, there's a little lock switch on the side that you simply move to remove the head, then the new one pops on.  Very straight forward.

I love my Express Pedi - oh and so does my husband, although he's banned from mine.  I've bought him his own that did the trick and the pumice stone is in the bin.

It's the perfect home pampering device, it really is worth every penny.


No comments:

Post a Comment